Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sewing for Modesty

I've been inspired for attire from Eyes of Wonder!! I love to sew and design and have been for the past 25 years!! I love the simplicity, especially the pinafores for the little girls. All the women's clothing is feminine and modest. The prints and colors are lovely! How they've altered this peasant blouse is just perfect with the skirt shown!

I love the regency clothes from this site!! And this site has a mountain of modest and feminine clothing sites. I enjoy looking and getting ideas, since I don't often use patterns unless it is exactly how I would like it or I am making it from a very slippery material like satin.
As I progress in my chores, I hope to start sewing...which for me the start is deciding who needs what, picking a fabric (which I have!) and then starting to make it! I think right now, the girls would most benefit from a couple of skirts/bloomers and reversible pinafores! Lord willing, maybe I might be able to start tomorrow night, since it's late!! Will update you on that. (I've already been sketching!!)

No comments: