Proverbs 31:27

2014 UPDATE - Baby Girl born January 26, 2014 Unassisted homebirth Our 10th Sweetie Pie!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pumpkin Pie Cake Muffin Bread


This is made with whole wheat flour and honey. This is tweaked especially for these ingredients, substitute at your own risk.


2 cups Whole Wheat Flour

1 tsp Cinnamon, Ginger & Nutmeg EACH

1 1/4 TBLS Baking Powder

1/4 cup (1 stick) Butter (soften, but not melted)

1 can Pumpkin (1/2 large 29 ounce can )

1/2 cup Honey

1/2 cup Whole Milk

2 Eggs

(optional) Walnuts


Mix dry ingredients, then blend in butter with a pastry blender. Add wet ingredients and mix until ALL dry is wet. (don't leave pocket of dry or they will be pockets of dry in the cake)

Put in a 9 x 13 GREASED (buttered) pan. Bake at 400F for 20 mins.


My oven is very old and when a recipe says to cook at 350F, I cook it at 300F; at 400F, I cook at 350F. This is just what I've figured with my oven for everything. Also, if you're cooking with honey keep in mind that you may cook it at a lower temp., but for longer will work better than the opposite as you will burn it and it will not be cooked in the middle (that's what I did with the peanut butter cake...once it comes out more than 2 times and I know what I did, I'll write out that recipe as well.)
Let me know if you try this, how it turned out and if you like it/plan on making it again. Thank you!! :)

5 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Yumm it looks good.

bunches of yarn said...

Sure looks good. I thought you had made biscotti.
and Happy Birthday!

Swylv said...

could you make this like pumpkin bread and make it in a bread machine?

BellaMama said...

swylv~I don't know about bread machines. My only knowledge was when my mom was able to borrow one years ago and the bread never cooked through to the middle. This is a muffin recipe, really. I needed something that cooked in less time than "quick breads" which take 45 mins to an hour and a half to cook.

Happy in the Home said...

Uh-oh, is it 1/4 cup of butter= 1/2 stick, or 1/4 POUND butter= 1 stick???

I started with your recipe and ended with a pumpkin bar recipe. Hum we'll see how this turns out. No matter 'cause I'm frosting these babies! :)