Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pumpkin Pie Cake Muffin Bread


This is made with whole wheat flour and honey. This is tweaked especially for these ingredients, substitute at your own risk.


2 cups Whole Wheat Flour

1 tsp Cinnamon, Ginger & Nutmeg EACH

1 1/4 TBLS Baking Powder

1/4 cup (1 stick) Butter (soften, but not melted)

1 can Pumpkin (1/2 large 29 ounce can )

1/2 cup Honey

1/2 cup Whole Milk

2 Eggs

(optional) Walnuts


Mix dry ingredients, then blend in butter with a pastry blender. Add wet ingredients and mix until ALL dry is wet. (don't leave pocket of dry or they will be pockets of dry in the cake)

Put in a 9 x 13 GREASED (buttered) pan. Bake at 400F for 20 mins.


My oven is very old and when a recipe says to cook at 350F, I cook it at 300F; at 400F, I cook at 350F. This is just what I've figured with my oven for everything. Also, if you're cooking with honey keep in mind that you may cook it at a lower temp., but for longer will work better than the opposite as you will burn it and it will not be cooked in the middle (that's what I did with the peanut butter cake...once it comes out more than 2 times and I know what I did, I'll write out that recipe as well.)
Let me know if you try this, how it turned out and if you like it/plan on making it again. Thank you!! :)

5 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Yumm it looks good.

bunches of yarn said...

Sure looks good. I thought you had made biscotti.
and Happy Birthday!

Swylv said...

could you make this like pumpkin bread and make it in a bread machine?

BellaMama said...

swylv~I don't know about bread machines. My only knowledge was when my mom was able to borrow one years ago and the bread never cooked through to the middle. This is a muffin recipe, really. I needed something that cooked in less time than "quick breads" which take 45 mins to an hour and a half to cook.

Happy in the Home said...

Uh-oh, is it 1/4 cup of butter= 1/2 stick, or 1/4 POUND butter= 1 stick???

I started with your recipe and ended with a pumpkin bar recipe. Hum we'll see how this turns out. No matter 'cause I'm frosting these babies! :)