Proverbs 31:27

Monday, November 3, 2008

Yum, Yum, Yummy

If you're a fan of broccoli, I have a soup recipe to share.

Yummy Broccoli Soup
5 lb bag (80 oz) cut broccoli
2 roasted squash
*Clean seeds (roast coated in oil and salted for 10-15 mins at 200F degrees for appetizer) and place in an inch of water with 1 TBSP oil and cook til soft, about 30 mins at 400F degrees.
1 stick of butter
3 TBSP Real Salt (only do this amount if you have Sea Salt or Real Salt)
Black Pepper to taste

Put Broccoli in a 12-15 quart pan and cover with water and cook/boil til soft. (I usually forget about it and when I smell it, it's ready.) Add everything else and cook to make sure everything is mushy. Blend with a stick blender. Serve when cool.

The squash gives it a sweeter taste and smoother texture.




I will be starting more and more organizing and "purging" and cleaning. Hubby is working on the house again. There's so much to be done: tiling, carpeting, walling, bathrooming, and all the little things that make the work perfect.

We have the kitchen to tile, the living room to carpet upstairs and a bathroom and 2 bedrooms to put in downstairs. I, hopefully, will be posting the pictures. It's so exciting seeing all of our ideas and plans come together!! I am absolutely jumping up and down!! More importantly, I am glad to see God's hand in our life as door after door is opening for us!! ...more later.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Ooo, that soup sounds delicious- I think I will make this week!