Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Winter Eating Holiday Festivities

The countdown has begun. It feels like a Sunday, but there's too much work to do! Enjoyed coffee with breakfast and a Lindt chocolates after lunch! NOW the festivities may begin. I will probably be up after midnight, but it won't be to eat; the other night I put up dry wall...ok, dh helped me hold it up & put in the first screw so it wouldn't fall on me, but then I placed all the others and started on another wall. We have to grout the bathroom tile still, so if the children go to bed well, I will offer to do that for hubby...I'm better at that then the screws-takes a whole lot more "umph" to drive a screw straight and in line with the others after the first few. The drill gets heavy, the screws become stubborn, etc. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it's not as easy as hubby makes it look! I thought I'd quick take some pictures while I was waiting for the internet to connect again! (Yeah, the cable here is not very good, especially when the whole town is on the computer-makes it more difficult and longer than dial-up, but then it costs almost twice as much for the landline phone...so we use the Magic Jack (just $20 per year-long distance included...great deal if your cable works!) and when the internet works and we have time, then we make calls. Keeps us doing what we need to do everyday, rather than talking too much. But that could be done here as well.

This is the other side of the wall I did. The other side had the closet door resting on it. I guess the pictures will look better when we've finished walling in the rooms and clearing them to carpet et al!


Well, as you can see, hubby is busy grouting the tile as I sit here and type (and do laundry and feed the children and all that good stuff). I guess we'll be able to start on another project after bedtime.
It snowed again and we have a whole new batch of 4-6" outside on top of the already 3-4". After being inside for too long, it was time to bundle everyone and romp outside until fingers and toes began to numb. Hubby began to shovel the snow and the man who was snowblowing the school sidewalk drove over & plowed our driveway!! What a HUGE blessing. What would have taken a half hour or more took only 5-7 minutes! Thank you Mr. Neighbor!!



I made chili for dinner last night with leftovers for another meal...yummy. Today I decided to make another Broccoli 'n' Rice Soup. There's enough for another 2 meals. I know it's not the traditional Raviolis, but to a hungry man any bitter thing is sweet! (It's not bitter at all, very warming and stick-to-your-ribs kind of meal!)

What else? Making myself a pair of bedsocks. I'm doubling the yarn from the sweater my mom knit me (3 different yarns-twice) it's a bulky weight and it will keep my toes warm. They will only be ankle high. I also made 3 headscarves/headbands (calorimetry)...they are so wonderfully warm & better than a hat for me.



So, same 'o same 'o. It's a whopping 6 degrees (windchill of -11) and it was just barely warmer when we went out. The wind was around 15-20 mph and bit into my wet hair. Maybe I was hoping for freeze-dried hair, hehe! (I was wearing 2 hats and a scarf)


Oh, just saw the labor and birth of Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar's 18th baby, born by C-section on the 18th (just the other day). I guess I should vent on my other site. So you know...it's about the birth and not the number of children.

Ok, can't think of much more. Have a great day/week/month. Until next time.

No comments: