Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Singing Clothes (can't come up with anything witty right now)

THURSDAY/FRIDAY

Here's what I wore the past two days. (You might even see the smudges of dirt and little muddy handprint) Another O.ld Na.vy T-shirt and a pair of wideleg slacks again folded to just below the knee. (If I fold it higher, it's a little dorky looking-my preference)
We played outside lots in the dirt, water & running around in the orchard playing dodgeball. We came in & were kinda late in putting the children to bed. The youngest 2 were asleep & the others in their beds "visiting" when I walked out of my room and saw it. A BAT!!
Haven't I had enough of these??!! I didn't scream and freak out & dh was home, so he took things to block the bat's way to lead it to the open window and door, but them critters are fast! The children obeyed and stayed in their room & I ducked in and out of our room. It finally went out through the window. Praise the Lord. When I first saw it, I was shaking, trembling & I knew I didn't have to be afraid. We told it to go outside and prayed and I felt better. When it was all done & we cleaned up (just normal picking up & turning fans back on) I was exhausted! I sat with dh, he prayed for me & I didn't do anything else. Went to bed a little earlier than usual, but #6 was awake and fussy-strangely not the way he is at all!! And #5 came to our bed (she's only slept through the night in her own bed the previous night) and tossed and turned. I knew I wouldn't be able to function when I was up with #4 at 7 in the morning (but did see a beautiful red/orange sunrise-and now it has already rained & it's overcast) & slept maybe an hour more.

This morning I made eggs with sliced carrots and scot oatcakes:

3 cups oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 TBLS coconut oil
2 TBLS honey
1/2 cup water

Mix all ingredients & let sit for a couple of minutes. This begins the breakdown process of the oats & will stick together. I form palm-sized patties (smaller than hamburgers) close to 1/4" to 1/2" & place on a cookie sheet (ungreased). Cook for 12-15 mins. at 350F degrees. (less time is softer & longer gets it crunchier)

Oh yeah...it's Saturday!! (Scratch that, Sunday now!) Ok, a song. I just received the request for Jesus Loves the Little Children. ooooh, and O, the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus! It's sung by one woman and I was able to sing along. It's so refreshing switching from alto to tenor (sung an octave higher than written)!!


I didn't sleep too well last night. But I was in constant prayer!
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
I was thinking of the bat & remembering when we had bats (around 1/2 dozen) for a few nights 6 years ago! There were no more, Praise the Lord and I was able to get up earlier, before anyone else & exercise & shower & start b'fast!!

Since my computer was not connecting to the internet yesterday, here's the next set in the series:
SATURDAY

Yet another T-shirt with a navy color "cargo" style knit jersey skirt. This is of the storm that rolled in yesterday & has made it much cooler 75-80F with a LOT less humidity!! I'm considering putting on a sweater!

This is one of my longest posts, so I will end here without formalities.

4 comments:

bunches of yarn said...

Holey Y I I I I K E S ! !, Batman!
(sorry, couldn't help myself)
A bat??!!

Good to hear you chased it out.

It was nice seeing your clothing for the week.
Peace to you, and your house. ^__^

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant ,a few
years ago with my fifth (early pregnancy hormones) A bat got into our house. Although I didn't know it was a bat right away. We lived in a split level & my boys had a bedroom in the lower level. Well all 4 of my kids were playing down there when they come running up the stairs telling me there was something that looked like a mouse on their little brothers bed. Well I went downstairs to look. I saw it crawling on the bed but wasn't quite sure what it was until it started flying. I freaked out, ran out of the room and slammed the door behind me. I even called my husband home from work : ) The bat had flown into the crawl space & we couldn't find it. We slept at a family members house that night.....I was so freaked out. We left a window open when we left. I'm assuming the bat left, because we never saw it again. I bought the book " America's Neighborhood Bats" just to learn, so I could get over my fear. Very good book by the way!
That was quite a memory to us, one we probably won't ever forget : ) My kids will just probably remember it as the time mom freaked out! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I like the songs you have been posting! I taught my 3 little ones the "Ho Ho Ho" song (that's what they are calling it)and they think it is SOO much fun.

I had forgotten how much they love it when Mama sings with them! You helped me remember that seemingly little things can make such a BIG difference in our attitudes!

Singing to the LORD together brings such a pleasantness to the day. :)

Thank you for yet another encouragement!

Cristine said...

I liked the TSMSS song you posted...

Blessings!

Cristine