Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday & A Week of Clothes

Let's start with being Thankful!

Today I am seeing fruit in my own life, not only because I am thankful, but I am learning to obey!
Obey God AND my husband!! I've been listening to Wives and Husbands and seeing the scripture that says:

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord."
"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body."
"Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing." Ephesians 5:22-24

God said it, we must do it!! I want to walk in heavenly love (I Corinthians 13) toward my husband and to everyone!!

So, I am thankful to The Living Saviour Ministries for showing me to go to the scripture each and every moment, to live by the Word, to walk in faith & see God answer my prayers - each and every day!!

Ok, now to the nominal.

WednesdayThe cotton top is a wonderful garage sale find and wideleg jeans. I need to make a belt (knitted?) for these are too big for me now. I have a good 3 inches to pull at the sides of the legs. I don't have shorts (not that I'm against them) so that's why they are folded; they hit right below the knees.

Not much else, cooler around 80F degrees for the next week and slowly dropping into the high 70's for the weekend!

I made crackers from this recipe. I just added finely chopped onions & will be making these again & again! So very inexpensive & yummy!! (I didn't use rosemary)

Ummm...I need to go prepare the hamburgers & finish warming the leftover rice & lentils.

Blessings from God to you as you seek Him!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your verse today.
I must admit, it took me awhile to finally embrace that bible verse and submit to my husband. But when I finally did it (because it's what God COMMANDS of me!) I have been blessed over and over with a wonderful marriage! Why didn't I just obey in the first place?!
Thanks for your post today.
Blessings!
Tracey

Kathy C. said...

I'm so glad I found your blog today. I needed to be reminded of James 4:7, thank you.
Have a blessed day!

Nancie said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet thankful heart with us. May you continue to know God's love in many wonderful ways daily. And may God bless your love for Him, your husband and all that come into contact with you. Take care and God bless you always!

Anonymous said...

I admit it...I love a "week of clothes!" It's not just that I get to "see" you for a whole week, but I know there will be a NEW post EVERY day when I pull up your blog. Yipee!

Thank YOU for sharing all your thank you's.

Love from Kansas
cjc

bunches of yarn said...

All is better when we, a.c.t.u.a.l.l.y, obey what God says. Sort of like James says: "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." Jas 2:18

Talk is cheap, but..."For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." Matt. 12:50

So, you keep doing the will of God, sister! ^__^

Denise said...

Such great blessings, thanks for sharing.

i said...

What a lovely post! Remain blessed!

Nancie said...

Hi BellaMama,

I thank God that He enables us to meet through blogging. I enjoyed your TT posts.

Thanks for visiting me too and your encouragements. I have two awards to share with you (Share The Love Award and Friendship Award). Do come over and receive them when you have time. You can copy the images and paste them to your side bars. And feel free to pass them to your blogging buddies!

Take care and God bless you and family always.

With appreciation and prayers,
Nancie